Types of Information We Collect
The NSTSA collects information about various firms and industry groups as a whole to provide analysis and recommendations to the industry. Example of sources from which we collect information include:
- Workers Compensation Board of Nova Scotia
- Letters or emails from you
- Phone calls with you
- Workshop Registration forms
Parties to Whom We Disclose Information
The NSTSA does not disclose personal information about its members or former members to anyone. Certain non-public informaion to the extent permitted by law and applicable provincial Code of Professional Conduct may be disclosed in the following situations:
- To comply with a validly issued subpoena or summons.
- As part of any actual or threatened legal proceedings or alternative dispute resolution proceedings either initiated by or against NSTSA provided we disclose only the informatin necessary to file, pursue, or defend against the lawsuit and take reasonable precautions to ensure that the information disclosed does not become a matter of public record.
- To provide information to affiliates of the Association and non-affiliated third parties who perform services or functions for us in conjunction with our services to you, only if we have a contractual agreement with the other party that prohibits them from disclosing or using the information other than for the purposes for which it was disclosed.
The Use of Personal Information
The NSTSA uses the information collected under this Policy to perform services within the scope of our engagement. Any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org