Transportation Employment Opportunities
Listed below are companies that have requested that NSTSA post an employment opportunity for the truck transportation industry.
The postings are directly from the company, please follow the instructions on the posting to apply or contact the company that is seeking the person(s)
Posted July 28, 2017
Seeking Class 1 Professional Drivers (Full Time)
- 2 years to less than 3 years
- Driver’s License (Class 1 or A)
- No degree, certificate or diploma
- Professionalism in customer service
- Accident or incident reports;
- Trip reports; Trans-border documentation;
- Maintenance and repair reports;
- Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip);
- Driver logbook; Bill of lading.
Communication Systems Experience
- Operate GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment;
- Trip recorder (on-board computer);
- Citizens band (CB) radio.
- Perform emergency roadside repairs;
- Load and unload goods;
- Receive and relay information to central dispatch;
- Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo;
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption;
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle.
Security and Safety
- Driver’s validity licence check;
- Driving record check (abstract);
- Drug test; Criminal record check;
- Basic security clearance.
- Willing to travel cross-border;
- Willing to travel for extended periods;
- Willing to travel overnight.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding;
- Attention to detail;
- Excellent oral communication;
- Excellent written communication
Mailing Address: 50 Joseph Zatzman Drive, Dartmouth NS B3B 1N8
Phone: (902) 481-3701 ext. 231
Fax: (902) 481-3707
Job Type: Full-time
Class 1 Drivers – $1000 Sign On BONUS
Posted July 24, 2017
Transport Solutions Ltd. is seeking eligible Class 1 drivers to provide services to Sunbury Transport Limited, located at 485 McAllister Drive, Saint John, NB, E2J 2S8. Sunbury Transport Limited is a leading carrier service utilizing the most advanced technology to deliver world class transportation service. Sunbury Transport Limited also offers a wide range of creative transportation solutions; specializing in bulk, flatbed, van and food grade products. The company’s primary site is in Saint John with other work locations throughout Eastern Canada. Our van division is growing and we’re looking for professional drivers to join our team.
These are permanent, full time roles for Company Drivers based in Saint John, NB.
Qualifications for our professional driver:
- Class 1 professional driver license;
- Minimum 1 year tractor trailer experience;
- Safe drivers abstract & clean criminal record; and
- English or French (Written and Spoken).
- Safe and efficient operation of a tractor trailer;
- Responsible for the pickup and delivery of goods; and
- Completion of required documentation.
What We Offer:
Transport Solutions Ltd. offers Medical/Dental benefits, in conjunction with Sunbury Transport’s competitive wages; with annual salaries ranging between $44,000.00 and $55,000.00. The hourly salary range is $18.90 per hour to $22.00 per hour; however, employer pays $0.39 per mile (plus applicable premiums). Sunbury Transport offers late model equipment, and a working environment that you can thrive in.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please contact our recruiter, Lori Kirkpatrick – 1-800-463-8551.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Transport Solutions Ltd. (Driving for Sunbury Transport)
883 Main Street
Transport Solutions Ltd. Contact:
Amanda Daley – 506-632-4439
Do not send your resume to NSTSA.