Transportation Employment Opportunities
Listed below are companies that have requested that NSTSA post an employment opportunity for the truck transportation industry.
The postings are directly from the company, please follow the instructions on the posting to apply or contact the company that is seeking the person(s)
Posted July 28, 2017
Seeking Class 1 Professional Drivers (Full Time)
- 2 years to less than 3 years
- Driver’s License (Class 1 or A)
- No degree, certificate or diploma
- Professionalism in customer service
- Accident or incident reports;
- Trip reports; Trans-border documentation;
- Maintenance and repair reports;
- Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip);
- Driver logbook; Bill of lading.
Communication Systems Experience
- Operate GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment;
- Trip recorder (on-board computer);
- Citizens band (CB) radio.
- Perform emergency roadside repairs;
- Load and unload goods;
- Receive and relay information to central dispatch;
- Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo;
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption;
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle.
Security and Safety
- Driver’s validity licence check;
- Driving record check (abstract);
- Drug test; Criminal record check;
- Basic security clearance.
- Willing to travel cross-border;
- Willing to travel for extended periods;
- Willing to travel overnight.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding;
- Attention to detail;
- Excellent oral communication;
- Excellent written communication
Mailing Address: 50 Joseph Zatzman Drive, Dartmouth NS B3B 1N8
Phone: (902) 481-3701 ext. 231
Fax: (902) 481-3707
Job Type: Full-time
Do not send your resume to NSTSA.